jueves, septiembre 21, 2006

Mexico-London: magic letters*

Flow my tears...

Ever since I was a girl one of my favourite things in life was writing letters, sending them by mail and imagining the envelope's journey till it reached its destination. It was like magic, because I believed that before putting the envelope inside the mailbox, and touching it for the last time before letting it go, part of me would travel with the very thing and reach that place where I was sending it.

I still believe that part of me travels with the letter, so that little by little I end by sending "myself" too.

So many things I would think about the very instant when my fingers let the envelope slip through the slot: "There you go!", "May your arrive safe and sound!", "May you enjoy your journey!", "May you arrive soon!", "Say hello to him/her!", and so on.

This time I write some messages on the envelope, just before slidding it in the mailbox. And now you "give" it back to me, with my questions answered. This time I get a reply and, somehow, I feel that I have managed to get there too, that I have succeeded and that part of me has reached the beloved destination.

7 Comments:

Blogger Diana said...

Wow, eso es muy lindo, creo que de niña me gustaba jugar a que recibía cartas, supongo que lo hacía por que nadie me escribía.

12:08 a.m., septiembre 22, 2006  
Blogger Tony said...

It's lovely to get part of you by this magic, but I hope all of you will come back to London soon.

1:58 a.m., septiembre 22, 2006  
Blogger HL said...

Gracias Estrella Errante. Creo haber sido afortunada, porque todas mis cartas tenían distinatarios (mi abuelo, mi padre, mi primo, mi amiga, mi amigo) y siempre me "correspondieron". En cierta medida todo el asunto del e-mail es una lástima, pero me encanta de repente ir a mi "inbox" físico (una caja de lata redonda, de ésas de galletas) y sacar todos los sobres que he recibido, arrugados, rotos, con sus timbres de colores, y tocar y releer y recordar.

9:37 a.m., septiembre 22, 2006  
Blogger HL said...

I am hoping that too, Tonymann, with all my heart...


And...hey! You did something magical too by writing October!

9:38 a.m., septiembre 22, 2006  
Blogger Tony said...

Well, I've always been ahead of the rest of the world.

3:31 p.m., septiembre 22, 2006  
Blogger Élika said...

Y cuándo es la fiesta?
Besos

8:13 a.m., septiembre 25, 2006  
Blogger HL said...

Besos Bebé-ely.
Hoy!

5:12 p.m., septiembre 26, 2006  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home