lunes, julio 18, 2005

About the title


Doves have always been good friends of mine.


Like darling Próculo, a turtle-dove who used to live in the building right in front of mine. We used to have rendez-vous every evening in the roof of my building and he would eat little crumbs of barley bread from my hand. He's gone, I can't figure where... though I guess that black-spotted dove he loved to coo had something to do with it... the bitch!

Or the couple of white doves that lived for a while in the patio at my parents' house. Who, by the way, inspired the only poem I have ever written in my freaking life! In french for-crying-out-loud!

Anyways...I found this in the net:

And as he looked into the eyes
Of Asenath, she died. “So flies
Away my love as peacefully
As doves at dawn which I now see
Once more: the rising sun to fill
The cavern with a golden light,
That brings a hopeful end to night,
And keeps me through my prison stay,
Awaiting God's appointed day.
Farewell, sweet Asenath, good-bye;
I hope that I have helped you die."

from a John Piper

But the title of this blog is to honour all doves living in cities
and the one painted on my threshold...